Deploying the client
OpenAudioMc gives you the option to host your own client. However, there are some caveats
- You will become responsible for frequent updates, meaning that you have to update your webclient regularly.
- You will have to follow the rules as described here.
- We do not recommend that you host the client yourself and will not help you to set it up aside from this document.
Setting up the client
The Web Client is based on a bog-standard vite react app located in the
client directory of our GitHub repo.
You'll need to have
npm installed on your system to build the client.
Building the client
To build the client, run the following commands in the
$ npm install
$ run run lint
$ npm run build
- Copy the
build directory to your webserver
- Go into your account, navigate to the server you want to use this on, and update the client base URL.
- Your website needs to be served over HTTPS, voice chat will not work over HTTP.
- Your webserver must serve the clients without any redirects.
- You need to have a valid SSL certificate, self-signed certificates will not work.
- You need to have a valid domain name, IP addresses will not work.
- Your client needs to be reachable from the internet, local IP addresses will not work.
- Your client needs to be publicly accessible, local clients will not work other than for testing purposes.